Visit the Museum of Discovery and Science in June to go wild on dinosaurs! Roar and Explore with the Dinosaurs is free with Museum admission during weekends in June.
Families will travel back in time with Dinosaurs in Motion. This exhibit weaves the principles of kinetics, biomechanics, and robotics in their exposed mechanics and movable features for a roaring good time!
What can families do at the Museum?
- Dino Activities: Future paleontologists will excavate artifacts just like a paleontologist in the field in the Dino Dig Pit. Assess evidence by chipping away fossils with a chocolate chip cookie dig and make-and-take a shark tooth necklace.
- Exhibits, Shows and Demos: Explore Dinosaurs in Motion traveling exhibit, travel back in time to discover all about fossils and dinosaurs through MODS’ dino-mite stage show and go on Rock Talks, a guided tour with our MODS’ in-house geologist.
- Animal Encounters: Learn about alligators, horseshoe crabs and many other animal ambassadors.
- Catch a Roaring IMAX on the GIANT Screen: Dinosaurs of Antarctica, Ancient Caves, Dino Dana The Movie and more!
- Career Connection: Explore how gemologists and paleontologists study ancient life, from dinosaurs to prehistoric plants, mammals, fish, insects, fungi and microbes.
Check Out Dinosaurs in Motion: Where Art & Science Meet
Where Art, Science + Dinos meet! Dinosaurs in Motion is an interactive, engaging STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) exhibit where learners will discover 14 magnificent, fully interactive, recycled life-size metal dinosaur sculptures inspired by actual fossils.
Learners will try their hand at the lever-and-pulley systems or remote controls in a brand-new exhibit that fuses art with traditional STEAM. Explorers will travel along an apprentice’s path that ends at Innovation Stations, where they can test their creativity and newfound technological inspiration with hands-on activities.
2022 Sea Turtle Walks: Watch Sea Turtles Hatch and Head for the Sea
Your adventure begins at the Museum with a presentation about turtles and then continues at Fort Lauderdale Beach where a Museum expert guides you to sea turtle nesting grounds. We can’t guarantee a nesting sea turtle will be spotted on every walk, but when it happens, it’s a natural wonder you will never forget! Parking is available in the Museum bus loop on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants must be at least 9 years old.
- Arrange your own transportation.
- Be prepared to walk 1– 2 miles in the sand.
- Bring your own rain gear and snacks.
Summer 2022 Dates
8 p.m. – 1 a.m.
June 7 (SOLD OUT)
June 8 (SOLD OUT)
June 14 (SOLD OUT)
June 16 (SOLD OUT)
Museum members: $19
Participants must be at least 9 years old. Space is limited. Book early! Preregistration required and masks strongly encouraged, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccination.
For more information, visit the Museum of Discovery and Science website.